Georgia Family History Expo 2011
Event Location Address
6400 Sugarloaf Parkway
Duluth , Georgia 30097
Click Here to view the Gwinnett Center website.
"We are excited to welcome you to the second annual Georgia Family History Expo to be held again in Gwinnett, Georgia this year!
Our Exhibit Hall is one of the greatest parts of our Expo. Be sure to tell you friends and those curious but not committed to classes that the hall is open and free to the public. We have lots of fun stuff for browsing in the Exhibit Hall.
Our prize drawings are tops! Exhibitors, advertisers, and local vendors donate gifts for the door prizes. You will want to be sure you get yourself registered so you qualify to win prizes.
You will absolutely enjoy the education opportunities we offer in the myriad of classes offered. Be sure to study the agenda and speaker bios so you can make your best choices once you arrive.
Free Book Scanning Service at the Georgia Expo
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah is world renowned as the largest research collection under one roof anywhere in the world! You can access their collections through more than 3,000 FamilySearch Centers throughout the U.S.
At the Atlanta Family History Expo FamilySearch is offering to scan your family history book and give you a digital copy on a flash drive provided by FamilySearch for your convenience.
Benefits of scanning your book:
- Share it with others easily and inexpensively
- Have a copy of your book preserved by FamilySearch
- Provide access to others who may share your ancestral lines by making the book available free of charge on FamilySearch.org
How it works:
- Sign-up and reserve your time for your book to be scanned (300 page limit)
- If your book is copyrighted, print out and have the copyright holder sign the permission form in order for scanning to be performed
- Bring your book and signed permission form to the FamilySearch Scanning booth at the Expo on day of your reservation. Please drop the book off before 10:00 am, if possible, to allow maximum time for scanning
- Pick up your book and the digital copy on a flash drive provided by FamilySearch at the end of the day
Sign up online to reserve a day for your book to be scanned:
- Friday -- http://familysearchbookscanning.eventbrite.com
- Saturday -- http://familysearchbookscanning2.eventbrite.com
Maps & Menus
- Click on a class title to read the class description
- Click on a speaker name to read their bio
- All classes are based on local time
- Agenda is subject to change without notice
For more information contact us at: